No, it can’t cure everything. But it can make you feel a lot better along the way. The week has been kind of heavy, to put it mildly, so on this cold and windy Friday the 13th, some laughter is in order.
These are things that made me laugh today. Thank goodness for all the clever, funny people out there.
1) Here she is, Liz Gumbinner, aka Mom-101, with her latest blog post: Schmolitics.
2) If you are not yet on Twitter, it would almost be worth it to join just to read the Tweets from @geekblush . I don’t know who is behind it, but it is hilarious. Here are some of my favorites from the week:
“When someone asks me if I ‘have a sec’ I always respond with ‘Yes, I have a lot of secs.'”
“Is it possible that zombies are just regular people that had decaf by accident?”
“I just put a potato in the microwave and pressed Popcorn but it’s still a potato… Did I do it wrong?”
“Can an objects name be any more ridiculous than the walkie talkie? Why aren’t toilets called sitty shitty? Refrigerator foody cooly?”
“After 10 days on a low-cholesterol diet, it has become clear to me that “cholesterol” is just a fancy word for ‘flavor.’“
“Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.”
3) Warning on this next one: it falls into the Ricky Gervais un-pc world of poking fun at celebrities – or in this case, poking fun at them and their offspring. So if you think all those little baby celeb darlin’s should be immune from the sarcasm, skip on to #4…
That said, I give you: Suri’s Burn Book
4) Thank you, Dooce: This was the noise you heard last night
5) And finally, the latest offering from Maya, Ben, & their friends Maya & Jonah. Behold the trailer for “Our Way”:
Happy Friday the 13th!